Golf & Parks IN Minden, LA
Play a round of golf, roar around a race track, or watch a real roundup, All a short drive from Huffman House Bed and Breakfast.
- Pine Hills Country Club is a semi-private club featuring a nine-hole golf course, swimming pool, restaurant and banquet rooms, located at 100 Birdie Alley in Minden. For more information, call 318-377-3024.
- Springhill Country Club is a private 9-hole course nestled among ancient pine trees and colorful crepe myrtles. Find a “friendly native” to take you along as a guest, or pay a nominal fee if you carry an out-of-town driver’s license.
- Established in 1959, Redeemed Rodeo 2 X 4 Ranch provides western events and activities in a Christian atmosphere for families. The 2 X 4 Ranch is located 10 miles south of Minden in Heflin.
- One of the largest outdoor arenas in Louisiana is the Springhill Rodeo Arena. Cowboys and cowgirls from across the nation come to this arena every year on the second week in August to compete in a variety of PRCA Rodeo events.
- Minden Recreation Complex features basketball courts, workout area, a walking track and heated lap pool. Outdoors is a large water playground, swimming pool, basketball, racquetball and tennis courts, baseball, soccer and football fields and an outdoor walking trail. The Recreation Complex is located off Industrial Drive (I-20 Service Road). Membership is free and open to anyone, however, a photo identification card must be obtained and presented. For more info call 318-371-4235.
- Springhill Community Center offers a swimming pool, tennis courts, softball and baseball field, basketball court and other community recreational activities. The large pool is open to the public daily.
PARKS & POOLS – MINDEN
- Victory Park on Park Highway has a public swimming pool, tennis court, playground, picnic tables and ball field.
- Academy Park at the intersection of Lewisville Road and East & West has a tennis court, gazebo and picnic tables.
- High Street Park has a playground and basketball court.
- Ewell Park at 801 Harris St. has ball fields, playground and a recreation center.
- Webster Pool is a public swimming pool located at 608 Joel St.
- Babb Park on Horton Street has a playground and ball fields.
- Walnut Street Park and Roosevelt Street Park both have playgrounds.
- Hinton Park
PARKS – SPRINGHILL
- Springhill City Park in downtown Springhill has a picturesque gazebo, playground, sandbox and picnic tables.